Thursday, August 27, 2009

Long Day, but I got my license


This morning I was awakened by the rattling of all the doors in our apartment. This was due to wind and rain coming in the open windows. So I got up and closed them. Then I Skyped Chris for awhile. Eventually I ate, showered, dressed and caught the bus to the thrift shop. I worked on preparing and shelving videos, DVD's and books. We didn't have a lot of books, just a grunch load of DVD's. I didn't do them all because we ran out of space and I ran out of time. I had to be at the ACS center to watch a safety video to get my USFK driver's license. The video was a slide show about driving in winter. Some slides had too much info to be read before it switched to the next one. It assumed that the viewer knew NOTHING about snow or driving. Then there was one about what to expect on Korean roads. That one had sound, but the lady showing it was talking on the phone so I couldn't hear it all. Then we got tested for color-blindness, peripheral vision, braking response time and THE EYE CHART. I did well until the eye chart. I couldn't find my glasses so I had an old pair. The left eye did well, but the right eye was very bad. BUT THEY PASSED ME ANYWAY!!! It scared me, so I asked if I could take it again tomorrow after finding my glasses. Cathy dropped off the car keys (we lent her the car until hers came in) while I was watching the video. So I sat in the car and tried to compose myself, wondering why my right eye was so bad. Then I drove to the PX to get a few things. I happened to see MaryAnn walk into the haircutting place, so I walked in to talk to her and wound up waiting to have my hair cut. MaryAnn stayed with me and chatted until the stylist finished. Then the stylist gave me a great cut. So I tipped her in won, and paid the bill in won, even though he gave the price in dollars. What was I thinking? After that, I drove to the gate and parked and walked to the apt. I had leftovers and kimchi for supper. Michele left to visit a friend. I sat down to look at my mole and realized what a great hair cut I had. So I took a pic. Then I researched websites to buy raw cacao from, read some e-mail, and looked up home remedies for mole removal. They all involve applying something and waiting: pineapple juice, garlic, vinegar, castor oil, raw potato, cauliflour juice, honey, banana peel, etc. I wonder what all these things have in common? Finally Michele came home and I went to bed.

3 comments:

Gwenda said...

Good picture! Your hair look nice!

Gwenda said...

Your hair LOOKS nice, sorry.

Fern said...

Thank you. Too bad it was a one-day thing.