Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hatchlings


Olivia wanted to sleep with me last night, so she lay down in my bed and went to sleep. I crawled in later. Then this morning I awoke at 6 so I took my camera and went to the beach. She was still sleeping. When she got up she thought I had forgotten to come to bed. Walking to the beach I saw many animal tracks from holes on the dunes meandering to the water line. I think it was newly hatched sea turtles! I heard they hatch during a full moon. I watched the sun rise, hoping for enough light to take a good pic of the tracks, but when the sun fully rose, it was red and not that bright. So I went in for breakfast and fresh batteries for my camera. After beakfast we all went to the beach to swim. The waves were strong, but not quite as strong as yesterday so I went in up to my waist. I had fun challenging the waves. Then while the others went to the pool, I showered and lay down for awhile. Lunch was next, then we sat and talked about what we needed to clean and pack before leaving early tomorrow. At 4 The kids went to the pool, and Becca and I went back to the beach for shells. I wasn't planning to swim, but now the waves were much smaller and the water so clear that I couldn't resist. We were both tired when we returned to the beach house. Supper was next. Being our last one, we had to try to eat up everything that was leftover. We did prety well I think, but stuff did get thrown away. After supper we vaccummed the place and swept the decks and carport. We also did some packing. Tomorrow we get up at 7, finish packing, turn in the key and head back to Richmond Virginia.

No comments: