Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seoul City Bus system - "We drive you crazy"

I started the morning by Skyping Chris. Then I can't remember what happened after that, but I know I was planning to walk to the Chosun to see what silks they got in. They are open from 10 to 3. Around 10 Michele said she wanted to try out the bus route we had printed off the website since she had to go to Yonsei on Sunday. As she didn't object to my coming, we went together. The bus stop was further away than we thought. But ok. Then we were on the wrong side of a very large busy road. There was a high pedestrian bridge to climb, so we got on 730 going the wrong way thinking the bus had to turn around some time. Well, it did, but not for a long way. SO we wasted a bunch of time on that. Then we started counting stops when we got back to where we started. At 10 I lost count because I was listening to the announcement of each stop. When we got to Sinchon Rotary, we got off the bus, as per the directions on the website. But the bus we were supposed to get on, 7024, didn't service that stop. And of course, the signs there were in Korean. Michele was all for crossing the street and going back. But I had come too far. We went into the subway to read the map which indicated which buses went to Yonsei. I wrote down the numbers and we went back to the bus stop. But there was a young man there who recommended a certain bus so we took it. It dropped us off at the main gate. But we really wanted to be at the East gate. So we walked to the East Gate, and read the bus numbers there. In fact we got on the bus 7024. We got off at Sinchon Station. From there we could see the Sinchon rotary stop. So we walked over there and caught 730 home. It was 3pm and the Chosun was closing. (I'll have to go Wednesday) We decided that maybe she should take bus 730 one more stop and see if that connected to 7024.
Back at home, we had some lunch. I tried the garlic I put in kimchi juice. It was crisp and strong. Gee, maybe I should cook them first. Eating it gave me a headache. I tried to ignore it and got on my computer. But in the early evening I had to lay down and I fell asleep.

No comments: