Thursday, August 13, 2009

More shopping and binding



I am no longer waking up at 6am. I think I stayed in bed until 7:30. After a bath and breakfast, I resumed working on the binding for the double wedding ring quilt while my parents got ready to go grocery shopping. I expected Faye to show up shortly thereafter, but it was 11 by the time she came over. We then went to WalMart at Southpark Mall. She was looking for some shirts she'd seen at another Walmart and so was I. We each bought some clothes on sale and then had lunch at Subway. Then we went to Home Depot to look at shelving and PVC. No luck on the PVC, but they had the shelving. Only it won't fit into my suitcase. Hopefully I can order it from their website and have it shipped. Then we hit the nearby WalMart which had some more of those shirts in her size. After that, we visited Goodwill. Finally we returned after 6, tired and ready for supper. She went home. We had a great time shopping together, and I appreciate more than ever how convenient it is to find and buy what you want in the U.S.
After supper with my parents, we studied the last two chapters of Ecclesiastes. The writer says everything under the sun is vanity and is meaningless. But he must have found meaning in writing it.
I spent the rest of the evening working on the binding. I am getting better at sewing the inside corners.

No comments: