Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shopping!

This morning I had breakfast with my parents. Then I worked on binding the double wedding ring quilt while my mother worked on a rag quilt project. Faye came over during lunch and we went to the Thrifty Quaker, a thrift shop. I thought it would be a quick trip, but it seems we are known there as William's sisters, so we had a nice chat with two of the ladies there. I bought some patterns before we left since they are not to be found in Seoul. Then Faye drove us to Jo-anns. What a wonderful place! So much to look at and all the varieties of everything all in one place. I wish we had one in Seoul. I got some fancy paper and a bead board. Well, actually my sister bought them for me as an early birthday present. Then we stopped by the shoe store so I could look for some sandal-like walking shoes. It took a long time, but finally I was able to settle on two pairs. Now I have to get all of this in my suitcase. Faye drove me home from there. It was supper time then and we were having supper when my brother arrived. He took me to Goodwill. We got there just before it closed. Then we tried Salvation Army, but it was closed. So we hit Barnes and Noble. Another wonderful place! I didn't get anything, but it was so nice just to look. When we got back, my father was watching a concert on TV. It was so beautiful. But now it is bedtime, and I am looking forward to spending more time with my sister tomorrow.

No comments: