Tuesday, August 25, 2009

E-Mart



Ok, tonight I am posting on time, BEFORE I fall asleep.
This morning I visited with Chris via Skype. He is doing well. I had breakfast and showered. Michele took out the garbage. I caught the post run bus to the ACS center to take the USFK driver's test. I wasn't sure if they would accept Chris' orders in lieu of some Letter of ???, but they did. The test was quick and easy. Although I passed, I still have to have a vision test, and watch a safety video, which is shown every day at 1:20. That I can't fit into my schedule until Thursday.
Then I proceeded to the thrift shop. I did n't handle a single book. I spent all my time on DVD's and videos. We broke up early to take Zara out for a good-bye lunch at the Mexican restaurant in the DHL. I had an avacado and mango salad with chicken. The mango was delicious, but the avacado was unripe and rubbery. Inedible. We had a discussion on whether seaweed is a vegetable. I think 'yes' because it is a plant, and not a fruit. Others think 'no'. Later it occured to me that nuts are also a plant but not considered a fruit or a vegetable. Hmm.
Anyway, we did more work after lunch. Then Cathy came by. She and I went to E-Mart and also walked through I-Park mall. I got kimchi, meat patties, chopped fish, and garlic. She got orange cream puffs and yaki mandu. After sightseeing in the mall, we went back to post and she drove me to my gate. I walked home and put my purchases in the fridge. While Michele cooked supper, I ate some of the kimchi. It had so much juice (which I didn't want to waste), that I cut up a bunch of the garlic and dumped it in there to pickle. Michele made sausage, broccoli and tomatoes as a topping for spaghetti. Isn't she lovely? Then we retired to our computers. Today I read about early cancer research and how they discovered that adding respiratory enzymes to food prevented cancer, because cancer is caused by low oxygen pressure. Well, then I wanted a list of respiratory enzymes, but am having trouble finding one.

1 comment:

Fern said...

Thanks for the compliment.