Friday, August 7, 2009

Breathing in the sunrise


Last night after supper Becca and I decided to go in the hot tub. It had been having problems with the jets cycling on and off. But when we got in it was calm, and only 110 degrees. HOT!! The jets weren't working so we tried flipping the breaker. That got the jets working for a few minutes but not long enough to cool it off. So, we added water with a nearby hose and removed water with a bucket. We got it down to a more comfortable 105. Then we had a fine time chatting until it was time for bed.
I awoke this morning at 6. For the first time I didn't feel like jumping out of bed. Was it soaking in the hot tub? Anyway, I took a full water bottle to the beach and waited until sunrise. Then I poured the water out, letting the bottle fill with beach air. It occured to me to put in some sand and a little sea water and some shells - my own little beach! But I didn't think Immigration would let it through. Then I took a walk south. I saw a few sectons roped off as sea turtle nesting sites. I also saw an elaborate sand castle someone built. There were a number of people out photographing the sunrise. It was nice, but not as spectacular as yesterday. Then I came back to get on the internet before everyone was awake.
After breakfast, we all went to the beach to swim. But the water was still cold AND the waves were very strong, so we just waded in the surf and lay on the sand. But the sand wasn't hot, barely warm so I went in to the pool for awhile, then inside for a shower.
After lunch I went for a walk to a nearby hardware store. I wanted fishing line for making a necklace, but they didn't have it. I did, however, buy two small nuts, hoping that one of them is the size I need to fix something in Korea. On the way back I walked into a surf shop. He didn't have fishing line for sale, but when I mentioned that I only needed 6 feet, he got out his rod and cut off the required amount. He wouldn't even let me pay. What a nice guy!
Back at the house, we sat around until it was time to leave for the restaurant. It took over half an hour to get there. Olivia remembered it from last year and wanted to go. She is almost 5. I got an appetizer of salmon, lemon grass, and ginger. It was wonderfully spicy, but I couldn't finish it and took some home. I think everybody had leftovers. Then we went to the grocery store for a few items, then headed for home. Back at the house, the kids went to bed and Becca and I set out the beads for the necklace, now that we have the fishing line. Olivia is asleep in my bed. I am the lucky chosen one tonight.

No comments: