Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fri and Sat



I know I didn't post yesterday, but I have to make this really quick because it is late and I have to be up really early to be at the airport by 5am. Friday I stayed at the house to help my mom bake banana bread and date-nut bread. That afternoon I helped my father cut off a rotted section of rafter and put up a piece of trim on the shed. It sounds quick but it wasn't. After supper Chris drove in from Ft. Belvoir. We went to bed early. Sometime in the middle of the night I realized how hot it was in there and retired to the livingroom to cool off. William came in the front door about 7 am, waking me up. I got dressed and we went yardsaling. I got a set of headphones, several yards of silk, a curtain rod, a book and something else. I met a lady that speaks at least 5 languages and has traveled extensively. We had a marvelous discussion. Then William and I went to the new Salvation Army store. It was very nice, but had nothing I wanted. We went home. Mom and Dad were preparing for my brother's birthday party. Kurt and his girlfriend Debbie drove in from Northern Va. And William's girlfriend Karen came by, too. We had grilled chicken quarters, three-bean salad, baked potatoes, and fruit salad. Not to mention cake and ice cream. There was the traditional singing and presents and more than the usual picture-taking. We also sat around trying to answer Trivial Pursuit questions. Then one by one, the couples left. It was sad, but we'd had a good time. Chris and I ducked into the nearest Walmart for a new watch and a tan shirt. It was the fastest shopping I have ever done. (I had bought the shirt in 4 other colors and this WalMart happened to have my size in tan). Arriving at my in-laws house, we weighed my suitcase and found it was too heavy so Chris put some stuff in his suitcase. Then we SKYPED Michele and I really enjoyed talking to her. She seems to be doing just fine on her own. I will fly out of Richmond early tomorrow, fly into Atlanta, and then on to Incheon, arriving Monday afternoon. Then I have the task of finding a way home from the airport, which is an hours bus ride from Seoul. So I may miss a day or two of blogging. Wish me well.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Hey, I know those people!