Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Second Day


Yesterday evening about sunset, Al and I walked from the beach house across the peninsula to the sound. You could almost see the sunset except for a cloud partially covering it. But I took a pic anyway and caught a windsurfer in the shot. The water in the sound is much calmer and warmer. But there are very few houses on that side.
Last night I stayed up until after 11 sorting puzzle pieces. The house we are renting at the beach has puzzles. But it seems someone mixed the pieces to about 5 different puzzles before filling up the empty boxes. Some are easy to separate because the backs are a different color. But the others have to be sorted by size (they are very close) and two 500 piece puzzles are exactly the same except for the picture. At least one of the others is a 1000 piece puzzle.
This morning I woke up about 5:30. So I walked to the beach and took a video and some pics of the sunrise (what you could see of it behind the clouds). I stood in the surf until a particularly large wave soaked me. Then I came back to put on dry clothes, and I had breakfast, returning to work on the puzzle mixture. I have three puzzle outlines on the table, trying to identify which pieces go with each one. Marie got up later and had to pack and leave. We were sorry to see her go. Then we all put on our suits and went to the beach. The water was still cold, and a few jellyfish were seen in the water. But I stayed long enough to accidently get a face full of salt water. I put on my goggles then which helped a lot. Then I wanted to see how waterproof they were so I went back to the pool where the kids were. The goggles performed very well. After a little swimming around we all came in for lunch. I had a shower, and hit the puzzles again. When Al and James went to the store, he let me use his computer, so here is today's entry.

No comments: