Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Australian tour of Dongdaemun Fabric market


This morning I went to the thrift shop since I didn't go yesterday. After an hour I had finished putting up all the books so Chris picked me up and we went to the travel agent in the DHL to see about arrangements to go somewhere for Thanksgiving. We now have reservations to go to Hongkong just before Thankgiving. Nancy and Rick invited us to their place on the day so we accepted. Chris drove me back to the thrift shop. The book bin was full again, but in another hour I had emptied it. We got a LOT of sci fi and fantasy. Then Cathy picked me up there and we went to Gate 19. We caught the subway to Dongdaemun to meet the group of Australian women that we'd met yesterday at the quilt festival. We showed them our favorite places to buy fabric. Because quilting fabric in Australia runs $25 a meter, they thought ALL the fabric places in Dongdaemun were bargains. There was time left before their bus came to pick them up, so we all went to a coffee shop to have a hot drink and wait. They bought us tea in appreciation. When they left, they also gave us some pieces of Australian fabrics and some souvenirs.
Chris and I were looking into maybe taking a trip to Australia for Christmas, so the ladies were giving us tips, like come when you can stay longer and see more. They were so nice we felt that we'd known them forever. They are flying to Japan on Friday for another quilt show. Wish I were going, too.
I tried to upload all the pics I took of the quilt show in town. I wanted to create a Picasa album, but that involves downloading software. Then I tried creating a Facebook album. But that involves uploading the pics one at a time, and checking a box that says I have the right to upload the pics (which I don't). So far I have about 30 uploaded there.
When I got home from Dongdaemun, it was 6pm. Chris arrived shortly after. We had a quick supper then went to bed. I was exhausted and he had to go back to work from 10pm to midnight. I don't think I noticed him getting up again. I slept until morning.

No comments: