Monday, November 2, 2009

Getting closer to that longarm


It's the first Monday of the month, so we had our Block of the Month raffle. Participation was good, but it took people a long time to drift in. I showed the next block, a Christmas Dresden Plate. We also had show-and-tell. We started cutting fabric for the middle school donation quilt, but had to stop early to go over to the Arts and Crafts Center. We all gathered there at their invitation, to go over SOP's for using the longarm and pricing. We talked them down to $5 an hour usage fee. Thread charge will be $3 and batting will be $5 a yard. Not bad. The staff promised to have the grand opening by mid-November. It is long-awaited, I assure you.
Most people went home then, but a few of us went back to the chapel, had lunch and finished cutting the fabric. Then we went home, too. I finished the pair of pants I started yesterday. I also answered e-mails and watched a movie with Chris and Michele. I re-wrote my directions for the dresden plate and uploaded it to the yahoo group so that those who didn't come today would know how to make it.
I went to bed early because tomorrow is the International Quilt Festival!

No comments: