Friday, November 20, 2009

Last post before Hongkong


I slept in this morning being very tired from last night. When I did get up, I did laundry and put away all the stuff from the sewing class. I discovered that my two Christmas blocks had bright pink splotches on them, like from a leaky pen. Try as I might, I could not locate the source. So I tried getting it off with rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work very well. Finally I put them in a bowl of water to stay wet until I returned. You see, there was a dietician giving a tour of the commissary and spotlighting healthy choices. So I walked over there at noon. Some of the choices she highlighted were: brown rice, whole wheat tortilla shells, Darigold milk, korean eggs, and bison burgers. She also gave me the name of the website she orders her probiotics from: Swansonvitamins.com. Good to know.
I walked home, and had some lunch. I finished up the laundry and started packing. Chris can pack in 5 minutes but I have to put a lot of thought into what I pack. And I pack more than just clothes. We are flying to Hongkong in the morning. Michele has classes and will stay home. So we get some alone time, and so does she.
I didn't take any pictures today so I will post another picture from last night's class. I will not get to post again until Tuesday so I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving in case you don't check in again before then.

No comments: