Saturday, November 28, 2009

Chris leaves and the @%$ hits the fan.


Chris finished packing and took a shower, as did I. Then he drove us to the DHL. He left the car running, took his luggage and got in line for the bus to the airport. He is on his way to the states for a 2 week course. I got in the driver's seat and drove to the PX, around 10. I got my hair cut and went by GNC. Then I got back in the car to drive home. But the car wouldn't start. I called Chris and he said let it sit for awhile and try again. So after awile, I tried again, then called a friend to jumpstart my car. When I hung up, the man next to me returned and offered me a jump. But, after the cables were hooked up and his car was running, I discovered that I was locked out of mine (with no money, ID or phone). Don't ask me how that happened. So I went looking for an MP. I found a marine doing Toys for Tots. He called someone to call the MP's for me. I returned to my car where the man who tried to jump it said he had called the MP's and they wouldn't come; that I had to go to the firestation and check out a slimjim. So I waited for the marine to finish his shift. Then he drove me to the firestation and checked out the slimjim (I had no ID). He picked up his wife and we all drove back to the PX. He had a heck of a time using the thing because cars these days are made to be slimjim resistant, which normally would be a good thing. Something he did to the driverside door popped the lock on the passenger side door. He crawled in that way and turned the key. The car started right up. So he went back to return the slimjim and I drove to the thrift shop. It was then 1:15. I spent 2 hours shelving books. I finished all that was there, but while I was doing it, someone dropped off 8 boxes more. What did I do to deserve this day? But it was time to leave, so I left them for next week. I drove home and had lunch/early supper. Michele was still playing a mod. I read through my e-mail and finished the 16x16 Sudoku puzzle. It might be the first one of that size I have ever finished.
I didn't take any pictures today so here is one of the jade market in Hongkong.

No comments: