Monday, November 30, 2009

My birthday


Being my birthday, Michele gave me a present this morning. It was a 500 piece puzzle of almond blossoms. Other than that, it was a mostly normal Monday morning. I prepared for our weekly quilting session, met Pam at the gate. We drove to the SPC. As people trickled in, there was so much to talk about that we got a late start. No one had any quilt tops made, so all we could do was start a few people making them from scratch. Those who wanted to press or tie had to wait, and wait. I got some QOV fabric out to cut, but kept getting side-tracked into cutting strips sets for those doing the baby quilt kits. I finally got ONE kit cut. Kelly brought her tablerunner pattern and we made copies. It is good to have since I plan to teach it Thursday night. After quilting and lunch, Pam drove Tina and I to the post office. It is right by the thrift shop and the thrift shop ladies yelled "Happy Birthday" to me. Does everyone know? I even got birthday wishes from a young lady in China who has never contacted me before. Anyway, I spent the afternoon working on a tablerunner in silks. I wanted to try out the pattern AND make an item for 'Make it, bake it, or fake it' next week. It is a fundraiser and tomorrow is the last day to tell them what you plan to bring. I wanted to have something made before I made any promises. Other than that, all I did was clear out some e-mail and talk to my husband on SKYPE. All in all, a pretty good birthday.

No comments: