Sunday, November 8, 2009

Twin quilt top


We actually went to church this morning. It was raining. I thought it might be the least bit chilly so I brought my purple hand-dyed scarf. But then took it off at the church because it might not be colorfast in the rain. We had a moment of silence for the victims at Fort Hood. After church we had fruit and kimchi as usual. Chris and I stopped by the PX to get 220 floursecent lightbulbs and a printer cartridge. No luck there, but we did get a DVD and a guide to Hongkong (because he is taking me there for my birthday). We stopped by the Arts and Crafts center to get another shelf cut. I thought I could redistribute the PVC I have to support another shelf. Then we went to the commissary for food. We got a huge jar of pickles. I also wanted wasabe ('cause the Japanese eat it to avoid getting parasites), but they don't carry it anymore. I looked up probiotics on the internet. Some bacteria are very efficient at helping you break down your food and store it as fat. People who are obese have more of it and people who are lean have less of it. It feeds on sugar and processed carbohydrates, so if you eat less of that, you grow fewer efficient bacteria. Probiotics are a way to increase the inefficient bacteria. But you can also eat fermented foods like natto (in Japan), kimchi (in Korea) or sauerkraut.
A few days ago (October 31) I posted a pic of a purple on-point quilt top. Well, I had some purple left over so I made another one using a different coordinating fabric.
While I was doing that, Chris made cabbage soup and Michele did the laundery.

No comments: