Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kinda normal Sunday


I woke up this morning a little before 8. I was worrried that without Chris here I might not wake up in time for church. I got on the computer until 9, then showered, dressed and went to church. It was the usual church service, except that the flowers on the side were now under the altar. That meant that I couldn't smell them on the way back to the pew after communion. At the end of the service the pastor asks if anyone is having a birthday. Then he gets them to come up and he prays with them. I almost got up (since my birthday is tomorrow) but another lady got tagged by her husband and had to get up. So I kept quiet. Since Chris and Michele were not there, nobody told on me. But afterwards, Rick asked if my birthday was soon and I admited that it was. I talked to Rick and Nancy in the fellowship hall too, so long that all the food got packed up. Oh well. He was telling me that in some Christmas traditions St. Nicholas is accompanied by a little guy named Black Peter who who puts coal in the stockings of misbehaving children.
I then went to the commissary to buy some groceries. It was raining so I gave the bag boy $2 for carrying groceries to the car. They work for tips only. I drove to the apartment building and Michele came down to help. I was going to put the car away, but was parked in. So I went up with her and came down later to move the car. After parking it in the garage, I thought of removing the door panel to see if I could fix it. But there wasn't enough light and I couldn't find any screws holding it on.
I spent some time with my computer instead, reading about foods most and least likely to be contaminated with pesticides. I also organized my trading stash of charm squares by color. Someone is coming tomorrow who wants to trade a stack of 50. I cut more charm squares from the international fabrics that I bought in Hongkong. I was going to cut up some Australian fabric too, but can't find it.
Here is a picture I took of a diagram of one floor of one building in Dongdaemun so you can see just how big and confusing it is.

No comments: