Sunday, November 1, 2009

New shelving system - NO cardboard boxes


We overslept, again. I worked in my sewing room cleaning up. I read e-mails, and watched video segments from a quilting website. I made new folders on my computer and filled them with files to make things easier to find. I spent hours making and printing templates for the Block-of-the Month I want to present tomorrow. I have done this one before, why don't I have full-size templates somewhere on this computer? Argh! Then Chris and I went to post. First we stopped at the Arts and Crafts Center to get two shelves cut. Then we ran in the commissary for a few items, including a pumpkin. Coming into the apt building, we passed a couple that needed their car jumped. So Chris went to get his car while I carried the groceries up stairs. Took me two trips.
Here is a picture of the shelving system I made with PVC and the shelves to store more fabric in my closet without making any holes in the walls. I am so happy. Now I can buy more. Ha, ha. After supper we watched a movie - Bulletproof Monk. Then I started making a pair of grey pants. I changed the back crotch length. I hope I don't have to change the front to accomodate that. But now it is bedtime so I will have to finish them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Hi Fern, My name is Crissie and I've been reading some of your interesting BLOG.. How interesting. I'm going to see if I can connect you and follow along with your BLOG, I have one too but am still leaning the ins and outs of things. I have good days and then some where I accidentally delete photos from Picasa. If you'd like to send me your email I'll send you some pictures of the Pacific International Quilt show held a few weeks ago in Santa Clara. iamcrissie@gmail.com Hope to hear from you~