Thursday, November 5, 2009

finishing quilts


First thing this morning I sat down at my computer to make yesterdays post because I went to bed early last night. I also read through all the e-mail that didn't contain links that I wanted to follow. One link took me to a audio file where a doctor explained that the H1N1 flu is actually mild and has killed fewer people than the innoculations (or most other flus). In both cases, the people who died had other health problems to begin with.
Then I walked to the thrift shop. I spent 3 1/2 hours sorting books and re-pricing CD's because there was almost nothing to shelve. Soon after I left, I got a call saying that they had put aside some adhesive fabric for me to look at. Well, no one thought to mention this while I was still there? Anyway, I kept walking. Back at the apt I had a quick lunch and laid down for awhile. Then I got up to put together what I needed for tonight's class. I took all the fabrics I was auditioning for my quilt top to see what other people thought. Unfortunately, I forgot the quilt itself:( I also started writing checks to charities. Back in the states I wrote two a month. But I don't pay the bills here, so its not so convenient. But Chris left me the checkbook so I got started. Then I had to walk to the gate, pick up the car and drive to the chapel. I returned the keys I borrowed from the office on Monday (but there was no one to return them to then). And I opened the storage room and lockers to get out the tools. Toniette came to help. We had a reasonable turnout and Cathy showed us how to make a cupcake pincushion. Some ladies spent the time working on their quilts, but others had finished at home. After class, I drove to the gate, parked the car, and walked all the way around to Gate 52, because my gate closes at 7. I plan to use the car tomorrow to drive to Gate 19 to catch the subway to Sungshin.

No comments: