Monday, November 16, 2009

Picture this


Today was very interesting and not what I expected. We were supposed to have a class on Korean patchwork at Sungshin University. Last time we went, the president of the college showed up, but we were dressed to dye. So this time we wore nice clothes. Well, they gave us another class in dyeing. Luckily they had plastic gloves for us and they shared their aprons with several of us. We had the same colors, so I tried to dye a scarf to match the grey pants I'm making. But although the test swatch was great, the scarf came out more of a mushroom color. So I tried putting dots of other colors in it like an animal print. But most of that came out when I rinsed it. They presented each of us with a photo album containing pictures of ourselves. So each one was different! What a gift! What effort they must have expended! How can we ever match it?
I forgot to mention that a student met us at the subway station and led us to the college. She took us to a room where some of the fashion students had a display. Very interesting.
After the class we took the subway back to Yongsan. While the others went back to post, Carina and I went to E-Mart. She got groceries and I got my color printer cartridge refilled. Only 7000 won. She and I walked back to post together and she gave me a ride to my gate. That was a very good thing because today was COLD. At home, I was cleaning up in my sewing room so I could start a new project. When Chris came home, he had a package that had come in the mail. Joyce sent me charm squares! It was like Christmas. There were a lot, so of course I sat down to sew them all together. Although first I had to check to make sure none of them were repeats of what's already been sewn. That job gets bigger and bigger. I not only made one panel, I got started on a second one. Only 2 blocks short. So I cut a few more:) Aren't stashes wonderful? Thank you, Joyce.
Also a big thank-you to my husband who loaded the ink into my printer.

No comments: