Monday, November 9, 2009

I could have been sewing!


This is Monday, quilting day. I packed up everything I could think of that I might need: The quilt I did Saturday, 2 purple tops, the coordinating fabrics for those tops, nuts for lunch, pictures and examples of things we could do for future classes.
Well, Pam was right on time picking me up, but I was late. We drove to the church and only one person was there. I showed off my quilt and tops. They chose the green and the gold as setting triangles. Then we set up shop and sewed until lunch. Bethany, a 12 year old, came and she rotary cut batting all morning. Cut quite a pile all by herself! Then we broke for lunch. Several people left, including Bethany. We the few stayed to finish a few baby quilts. I wanted to go home, but then Cathy gave me her passcode so I could get into her apartment while she took her son to the DR. I looked at Ann Bright quilting designs on her computer. She wanted several of us to pick out some designs to request money for (for use on the Statler). I had several dozen on my list before she came home. Then Annette came over with an opinion question. After she left, we sent to the Arts and Crafts center to talk to the lady there. We wanted to hang the Yongsan Quilters quilt (which is now completely finished) but it needed a sleeve so Cathy took it back home. She dropped me off at Chris' office since it was almost 5. But Chris was so busy he didn't leave until 6! I could have walked home! But his coworkers got to see my quilt and they liked it immensely, which was gratifying. After leftover cabbage soup for supper, I made the block of the month, which is a Dresden plate. One of the quilters had made it already and hers was too large for the background. So I tried it and she was right! The easiest solution was to re-sew it with a 3/8 inch seam allowance.

No comments: