Friday, December 23, 2016

Almost packing

I was awake from being cold when Chris got up. I pulled the blankets over me, but soon was too hot. I adjusted the covers to suit. I heard Chris leave. Soon after, I got up. I drank my quart of water. I read and deleted e-mail. I did my exercises. I got dressed, then set up for my skype call. I placed the monitor on top of the printer and moved the cam in front. At 10 I called my tapping buddy and the call dropped. It was just as well since nature called. She called me back and I answered as soon as I could. We had a very good session. Hopefully life-changing. After the call, I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. There was no mail since the post office is closed for four days. I looked for my packing list in every suitcase, carry-on, etc. No luck. I searched each computer using the term 'list' and lots came up, but not the list I was looking for. Finally I tried 'packinglist' and there it was, on the desktop. If the search engine could find the list in listen, why not the list in packinglist?
I practiced my trombone briefly. Then I packed it up and headed to Janelle's house. We played the song together several times and it went well, so I packed up and went home. Chris had gone back to work. I went outside to cut down all the dead tomato stalks. But some of them looked dead, but had green leaves at the very and with small tomatoes hanging on. They were in quite a tangle so it was hard to differentiate all-dead from mostly-dead. And in the process, I picked an handful of tomatoes that weren't quite ripe. I put them on the window sill. I changed the font of my packing list to orange so it would print. I reviewed the list, updating it as things came to mind. I sent a copy to each laptop and printed it out. I played around with a photo in my kaleidoscope software. I sent it to the person who took the photo. I listened to an audio. I looked into the windows 10 sound problem again. There were no fixes that I could implement, so I submitted a query to the maker of my laptop. Chris came home an hour early. We talked about the problem. He said he turned down the volume on Skype and it helped. So he loaded Skype on my new laptop and turned down the volume. I called him to see if the sound was better but the echo made it hard to tell. So then I called the echo/sound test service. It sounded better. I was happy because that meant my next skype call could be on the new laptop instead of the desktop which involves sitting the monitor on top of the printer so I'm not sitting in the dark visually. Chris made himself supper. I wondered what to pack for Guam next week. I did three Sudoku puzzles to catch up. I listened to an audio on digestion. I came across an article on making ghee. I wanted to do a price comparison. But the recipe said to use 2 lbs of butter to make 2 quarts of ghee. That just didn't sound right. The picture showed way more than 4 sticks of butter in the crock pot. Anyway, I looked up another recipe that said 16 oz of butter will make app. 12 oz o ghee. For the butter and ghee we buy, that is almost half price. After reading a few more e-mails, we watched episodes of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Then it was time to blog and go to bed.
* I got hardy tomato plants *

No comments: