Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The three-day wreath

I got up at 8:30. I checked e-mail while I drank a quart of water. I ate some seed crackers with hummus. I put coconut oil in my hair because it was so dry. I put a shower cap over it. I wrote up a Facebook post for class tomorrow, listing all the projects the class could do. Myra promised to show them how to tie a bow. I took a shower and got most of the oil out of my hair. I got dressed warmly but loosely enough that the doctor could find skin to put needles in. It was in the 50' so not as cold as I feared. I walked to the bus stop. The sign showed that no buses were running at the moment. Not so unusual, but the start time listed was later than usual. Usually 317 comes first, but this time 305 came before. Not wanting to be late for my 12:30 appt, I took it. I got off at Home Plus and walked to the dr's office by 12:15. I sat in a crowded waiting room, hoping not to catch anything from those who were sick. I waited for 35 minutes, then checked my appt time with the receptionist and she said 'delayed'. Then the nurse came to take me to one of the little beds. First she put on the leg massagers. When those were done, I did stretches until the doctor arrived. He put needles in my leg, stomach, neck and head. He came back later to take them out. But he left again. I think the staff went to lunch so he had to do check-outs as well. Finally he came back and tried to talk to me. He used his phone translator but the result was evidently not satisfactory. I called Suzanne, and she translated, but then had to hang up abruptly. He said I was a big yang person; my diet was good enough so I did not need all the supplements; and I should eat kiwi and persimmons, not so much chicken and kimchi. After paying, I left to catch the bus. I had to run after it to the bus stop. I almost did not get the drivers attention to re-open the doors. When I got off the bus, I stopped at the corner market for kiwis but did not see any. I called Myra and she asked me to stop by her place on my way home. So I did. She wanted my help wording a post for the community page. We talked about the MWR bus to Daegu this Friday and could we get 10 paying people to ride it? I left her place and walked home. I made and ate breakfast while checking e-mail. I finished today's Sudoku puzzle. I put on a long audio and went into my sewing room to work on the wreath. Chris called at 6:45 to say he was leaving work and wanted to stop by the fire chief's going-away party. I said to pass on my good wishes. I continued working on the wreath until I needed clarification for the finishing touches. I jotted notes for my blog. I looked at the video tutorial for the wreath. I got sidetracked looking at other crafting videos. Eventually I got back to the wreath. I sewed the sets of flaps together. I experimented with ways to attach a hanger. Finally I had to add a strip of cardboard to help it hold its shape when hanging vertically. I was getting bundled up to cover the plants when Chris came home. I covered the plants as best I could. I came in to talk to Chris. He made himself a cup of hot cocoa. I listened to an audio while he drank it in front of his laptop. When my audio was over, he commented on it at length. Finally we sat down to watch an episode of House. Then he went back to his game and I posted to my blog, ready for bed.
* This is the back of the wreath *

No comments: