Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Line dancing

I got up at 8:30 not realizing it was so late. I drank two cups of water and checked e-mail. I texted Anna about yoga at 9 and she said yes. But she did not post an announcement to the Facebook page. I called Myra but there was no answer. I got dressed and took my mat down to Housing where Anna was setting up with the superintendent. He was showing her how to hook her tablet to the sound system so we would have music from Youtube. I called Myra again and on her other phone but still no answer. Anna and I started following the voice guidance of a yoga person online. Maria came in a little late with her little boy. So the three of us did yoga for an hour. It was a beginner video but it was a little much for me. Anyway, I was determined to leave at 10 to get ready for sewing class at 11. But Anna needed to talk to me about the party and it was after 11 when I went home to get the supplies for today's projects. I uncovered the eggplant. I brought back supplies but had to go back again for a few things and decided to bring the wreath too. Myra came, and said she did not know why she never heard her phone ring. Dynee and Suzanne and Ms. Hair worked on projects already in progress. At 1 I called time, but the conversation was worth staying a little longer. Then I went home while the others went out to lunch. I made and ate breakfast. I mixed up a batch of chocolate. I thought I wore my apron, but later I discovered chocolate on my shirt. I added coconut butter to the last part of the batch to see if it made a good sweetener. After pouring it in molds, I left it in the back room to cool. Then I bundled up to go to the gym. Chaun and her husband were leading line dancing in the racquetball court. We learned three dances. I had to stretch in between. My hips ached as I walked home. When I got there, I was sweating, so I changed my shirt. I practiced my trombone for about 15 minutes. There was just time to jot notes for my blog, before I had to run to sewing class. I arrived just ahead of Myra. The sewing stuff was still set up from the morning class. Three people worked on the styrofoam ball ornament, one lady came to get help with stitching on uniforms, and Lacey came and spun yarn – that was really cool. There was lots of female bonding as we worked. I showed Chaun and Danielle the proper way to cut 2 ½ inch squares from a length of fabric. I sorted fabric as they worked on their balls. We all pitched in to pack up and were out before 9. I took my wreath home and hung it on the door with tape. I wished I had a thumb tack. I worked on my blog post for today. We watched two episodes of House. I downloaded pics from my camera, posted to my blog, and went to bed.
* The front of the wreath *

No comments: