Sunday, December 25, 2016

We Wish Yi a Merry Christmas

Since we got to bed so late, we slept in. Chris was already up when I got up. Then we opened presents under the tree. I got two big Sudoku books from Cecily. Chris got a pair of jeans from her, and a Navy t-shirt from me. He really liked the t-shirt but said he thought we agreed not to buy each other Christmas presents. I said fine, give it back and you can have it for your birthday. He kept it.
I drank a quart of lemon water while checking e-mail. I ate some ham and seed crackers. Chris wouldn't let me take nuts to Guam, claiming they were an agricultural product. So I asked him if I could take some seed crackers. And he said it was a gray area and he didn't recommend it. I put a few more things in the suitcase. I packed a CD-player because it was easier than trying to get it on my new laptop which has no CD unit. Kurt called me on Skype. He and Dad and Faye had just gotten back from their Christmas Eve service. They were waiting for Patrick to come so Kurt and Faye could drive around looking at Christmas light displays. They waited a long time so we had quite a chat. Faye and Dad asked me to write the family Annual letter and mail it out. In my spare time. Patrick spoke with me a little bit but then they had to go or they would miss the lights. When the call was over, I made and ate breakfast. I put the unripe tomatoes in a bowl and took them next door. I ran around alternately eating what would go bad and packing last minute items. I bagged the items in the suitcase, I dusted the floors while Chris went to work. But he came home before I finished. He moved the coffee table so I could sweep the rug. I also swept the rug in the bedroom. I cleaned the kitchen counters. I took Amber's plate out to the street so I could give it to her as she drove by. Then Chris walked to the chapel for the Catholic service. I took a pic of the paper ornament on the tree. I cropped it and wrote Merry Christmas on the photo. Then I posted it to Facebook hoping it would make up for all the Christmas cards I didn't get around to sending. After I posted it, I got the idea to put Admiral Yi next to my tree and take his photo, with the caption “We wish Yi a Merry Christmas.” Not certain it would be in good taste in this country, I did not post it to Facebook. Chris came home from the service, but later went back to work to use the computer. I did some tapping. I tried to load the Jackie Lawson advent calendar software on the new laptop, but it wouldn't take. So I tried the old laptop and it wouldn't work either, so then I went to the desktop. Its the oldest computer we have, but it worked. I spent far too long opening the ornament for each day and looking at the video segment or playing the game that was revealed. Chris came home. We watched two episodes of Xena and got ready for bed.
* Admiral Yi by the tree *

No comments: