Thursday, December 22, 2016

Tying up loose ends

I woke up early, thinking it was the middle of the night. But later when Chris checked the time, it was 7am so probably not before 6. I drank a quart of water, and read e-mail. I put on some Christmas music while I tied up loose ends, refolded fabric, and put away stuff from class. I hung a fabric panel on the wall. Brittany called to ask if the new head of CYP could use one of our sewing machines to make stockings. I said yes. After taking a shower, I put some chocolates in a gift bag. I made a batch of hummus. I wrote a note to my mother-in-law. Then I walked out to the Foot Shop. The desk clerk met me outside. He said he had tried to call me because of a power outage. He asked if I could come back at 4. I said ok. So then I walked into the market to find a rest room. Then I went around the corner to the Chinese massage place. My favorite person was not there. They said come back tomorrow but I had other things to do tomorrow. The lady there typed “ When can come?” in her phone translator. I told her 'next year'. I walked to a bench and sat, thinking about how best to spend the next two hours. I decided that the more walking I did, the better the massage would feel. So I walked back to base. As I was crossing behind the laundromat, Kayle called to me. She and Victoria were delivering bags of cookies their mother made. They gave me one and were on their way. When I got home, I plugged my phone into the desktop to transfer some music, but the desktop would not recognize my phone. So I plugged it into the new laptop, which doesn't have a CD drive. I looked through my old files to see if there were any music files an hour long. I did not find any, but some were 40 to 50 minutes long. Then I checked the battery and saw that my phone was only at 40%. I did not know if that was enough to play for 50 minutes. I jotted notes for my blog as my phone charged. I put one of Kayle's cookies in the gift bag with the chocolates. The phone only got to 44%. I unplugged it and headed back into town. While I was walking, I plugged the extra battery into the phone. When I got to the shop, it was at 69%. The man at the desk said in recompense for changing my scheduled time, I would receive an hour full body massage in addition to the foot massage I asked for. Whoo-hoo! Twist my arm! I gave him the gift bag with chocolate and a cookie. I got changed and took my phone with me to the foot soak. I cued up the music and relaxed while it played. The lady from last week came to dry my feet and we went to a room with two beds. I put my phone on the other bed and laid face down on the first one. At first I worried about the phone battery lasting long enough. Then I decided that if the music stopped, it would be no worse than previous sessions with no music. And at one point the music did stop, or rather ended. But a few minutes later the next piece started. It was so nice and I think the masseuse enjoyed it too. While I was lying face down, the phone rang. I would have ignored it, but the lady handed it to me. Kelly had a question for me. And then I went back to bliss. I rolled over for a foot massage. All too soon it was over. I thanked her and changed back into my clothes. I paid at the front desk and wished him a merry Christmas. I would have liked to follow the massage with an easy stroll home, but the temperature had dropped, so I walked as quickly as I could. I arrived home not long before Chris. I checked e-mail and sent Kelly a note. Chris fried up the two eggplants I picked earlier in the day. Then he fried up some onions. Both were very good. I had some bean soup, and some sweet potato casserole with lemon juice. I cleared some e-mail and then practiced my trombone. Then we watched multiple episodes of 3rd Rock from the Sun. I typed up my blog and we went to bed.
* This is the panel I hung on the wall *

No comments: