Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Getting the little things done

I got up soon after my alarm went off at 7:30. Chris was long gone. I drank my quart of water and replenished the water jugs from the shower filter. I put on an audio and did my exercises. I also swept and picked up stuff lying around, and did some dusting. The audio was a presentation by John Gray, who is now in his 60's. I made breakfast and did yesterday's puzzle. I took a shower. I practiced for a few minutes until it was time to leave. Carrying yoga blocks in my bag, I walked to the bus stop. In 5 to 10 minutes the bus arrived and I was on my way to the acupuncturist. It was such a nice day that I stayed on the bus an extra stop so I could walk back. Still, I was early and they took me right away. I enjoyed the leg massage. I stretched my hip flexors until the doctor arrived. He had me sit in all four directions and felt my chi in each one. I don't know if there was a disturbance in the force, but he stuck needles in the back of my neck briefly, then had me lay down for the usual leg, stomach and neck points. I really felt something from the one in my calf. He asked questions about constipation, which I don't have. He told me to wait after the needles were taken out. So, when the nurse removed them, I stayed. She peeked in on me several times, as if she did not know I was supposed to stay. Later he came back and felt my chi again. He said next time he would give me a list of what I should be eating. He said no dairy or ginseng. Also, he asked about the seed cracker I gave him last week. He was not in favor of the spices. I paid him and made an appointment for January. Then I walked to the bus stop and waited. I rode the bus to the stop near the base, then went to the corner market and bought sprouts. I walked home, noting it was almost 2pm. Chelsea had texted that she would be home after 2, so I had a bite to eat, then took her gift over. But no one answered the door. I could see her car across the street so I thought I had the wrong house. I went home. Dynee asked me to ride with her to the antique store, so I did. She picked up something big. I told the man that the vase I bought last time did not get packed in the box. We looked around the store but did not see it. He kept telling me to check at home. Then we drove back to base. Dynee said her washer left spots on her whites. So we looked into cleaning the central core. Then I went home. Kelly sent her daughter to get some tubs to put cookie dough in. I grabbed some from the hutch, but was horrified to see that they were dirty. I guess we never washed them after unpacking them. I found another set before Kayle arrived. After she left with the other set, I put Christmas music on the desktop and turned it up. I put hot soapy water in the tub and washed it, plus a few other things in the kitchen. Chelsea came to pick up her gift. Dynee came over to buy some lip balm. I had two left so I gave them to her. I also gave her the reed diffuser that I made for her. She said she had been looking for something to make her closet smell better. I cleaned up in the cutting room. I flattened some boxes for recycling tomorrow. I glued the ornament from yesterday where the tape wasn't holding. I put bean soup in the toaster oven. Chris came home from work. I wrapped his gift and put it under the tree. Kelly had said she was going to buy herself a kitchen center like mine. I looked online to see what they cost now, but I guess Oster doesn't make that anymore. I read e-mail and ate the soup. I posted to the community page about the class tomorrow. I practiced again. Then we watched The Tudors on Netflix. I had trouble understanding what was going on, but Chris seemed to like it. Then he went back to his game and I cleared more e-mail before writing up my blog so I could go to bed.
* These fields near the doctor's office are growing. How do they survive the cold nights? *

No comments: