Sunday, December 11, 2016

Car problems

I heard my phone alarm go off, but Chris did not get up until probably 8. I usually wait until he leaves just before 9, but I gut up about 8:30. I checked e-mail and drank water. He left. I went through some tapping articles. Then I took my shower and got dressed. I waited for a short while, then got bundled up to go to church. Chris came home just in time to drive me there. I insisted on driving there, let myself out, and he drove himself home. I went into the church and sat with Jane. I hadn't listened to the praise song links that Shi- Uk had sent me. But I made it through. We had the passing of the peace, and then communion. I barely made it to the back for that because I was talking to Ms. Kim about Christmas Eve (right after talking to Chang Young). Then the chaplain spoke about the hope candle and lit it on the advent wreath. When the service was over, I spoke to the chaplain about the caroling after the Christmas Eve service. Then I looked for Chris. I didn't see him so I went outside to wait. I called and he said he was in the back and hung up while I was asking “in back of what?”. I sat there for awhile, then got up to check parking spaces behind the school. Just then Chris arrived, said he had been in the back of the church. He thought I had hung up on him, so I guess the call got dropped somehow. We walked to the car which was parked in front of the commissary. He stood in front of it and stared at it angrily. I wondered if someone had hit it. But no, the flashers were on and he couldn't shut them off. Apparently he had pulled two fuses earlier to stop the flashing but not all the indicators had turned off. The firechief came over to lend a hand. They looked under the hood for awhile, and then he went to the fire station to google flasher problems with Chevy's. Chris finally found the right fuse and pulled it. The dash indicators stopped. He went to the fire house to tell the chief. I had to go to the bathroom. I called Chris and he did not answer the phone, but he came out of the fire station. Finally I ran into the commissary which had just opened and used their restroom. Chris was waiting for me when I got out. He said his phone was still on silent. He drove us home so I could change. In the process, we discovered that the power steering was also on one of those fuses. After I changed, we went back to the commissary to shop, then gave the new head of child services a ride back to her hotel room. Then we went home. We put away the groceries and Chris went to meet the fire chief to take the car somewhere. I called Myra and she said to come over. She was packing for her trip. She gave me stuff to use while she was gone: for sewing class and for the FRG party. She also gave me cookies, two quarts of canned tomatoes, and a big red bow that she had made for my wreath. I thanked her and went home. Chris was home and had no luck finding a place to fix the car. I made a to-do list. I put the bow on my wreath. I got my unread e-mail down to less than 50. Chris brought in the Christmas tree from the shed. I made and ate breakfast. I put chocolates in a bag and left them on Myra's door. Then, on my way back, I called her to make sure she found them before her husband did. When I got back, I decorated the tree. I started practicing my trombone. But my blood pressure kept spiking because I was having a niacin flush. I decided it could wait. I looked up Christmas activities to propose for the upcoming party. Chris made a bowl of popcorn and settled down to watch Netflix. He was tired of House, so we watched two episodes of Rockford Files, and two of Kolchak. I was so very tired, so I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is the tree in our front yard. Isn't it beautiful? *

No comments: