Thursday, December 15, 2016

Good day for a massage or two

.
I got up at 8:30. I drank my quart of lemon water while reading e-mail. I got messages from Myra and Suyapa. I collected some filtered water from the shower. I ironed the rest of my fabrics from the market. I ate some seed cracker. I checked my to-do list. I worked today's puzzle. I downloaded powerpoint pages for the lyrics to Sleigh Ride. I saw Amber post an FRG meeting for this evening. I put on an audio and did my exercises. Then I took off my nightgown to drybrush my skin. That is when Chris came home for lunch. Upon seeing me, he declared today the best day ever. Then he made himself lunch and I made and ate breakfast. I took a shower and dressed warmly. I put two pairs of Chris' shoes in bags. I got ready, then walked out into town. I went past the Chinese massage place in order to get to the shoemaker's stand. She was talking to a customer, but the lady soon moved aside so I could hand over the shoes. Fortunately she could see that the heels were worn down unevenly. She wrote down my phone number, then went back to her conversation. I walked to the Foot Shop, arriving exactly on time. I changed, then soaked my feet. A lady came to dry my feet. The clerk told me that Mrs. Wong was sick so Mrs. Su would give me my massage. He spoke to her, presumably telling her to be gentle. And she was very good. After I changed back, and paid, he asked who I would like next time. And did I think Mrs. Su was better? Yes. I had 15 minutes to kill, so I walked to McDonalds to use their bathroom. They did not have their own, but there was one in the hallway between them and Paris Baguette. Then I went to the junk store to look for a party gift and for something to heat my garden at night. The only thing I found that used American electricity was a dual-voltage curling iron. Too much heat! Then I had to run to the Chinese massage place. I got the same back and shoulder massage there. He used a lot more pressure, but it did not last as long. Then I went back to the market. I was enjoying my scarf in the cold, so I looked for another one to be my party gift. I had only paid 10,000 won and that was the limit for the gift. So I went looking, but the nice one I found was 15000. She was willing to come down to 12,000 and I wanted to be done with the whole party gift thing, so I bought it. As I passed the everything store, I saw they had Christmas stuff. I hoped to find lights, but only with Korean plugs. But they did have Christmas cards so I bought a few. Then I went to Daiso. They did not have lights, but I got a few small ornaments for the tree and some snowflake window clings. On my way back, I passed a phone shop. I was able to find a short cord for charging my phone from a battery pack. Whoo-hoo! Then I walked quickly back to base. I just made it to the chapel in time for the FRG meeting. I was a little nervous about being chairperson, but as it turned out, the president led the meeting herself. The vice-president offered to take notes but she declined. They talked about caroling and decided to do it this Saturday because of so many things going on. I piped up about lyric sheets. Dynee agreed. I would have helped make them, but the pres and VP insisted on handling it themselves. They also talked about having a drawing for Valentines Day. Either by guessing how many hearts are in a jar, or at random, allowing people to enter by submitting suggestions: a brilliant idea by our next door neighbor. The pres announced our new treasurer. I wondered if the new lady knew the history of the FRG treasury. Then Amber asked for volunteers to be secretary. Anna suggested me, but Amber told her I was the chairman. Somehow, I don't think she knows what that is. She ended the meeting and people milled about or left. I talked to her and then Dynee and Ryan gave me a ride home from the FRG meeting. Dynee said she had some lights out in the shed and would drop them off. I went inside and smelled the bean soup cooking. The beans were soft, so I ladled some into a bowl. Then Dynee knocked, with two boxes of lights in her hand. I thanked her and took them. I plugged each string in to see how warm they got. One string was candy canes and the other were really big bulbs on sticks. I went around the front of the house with a flashlight, looking for an outdoor outlet. But the only one was around the side wall. I found an extension cord in the shed and ran it to the tomato plants covered in plastic. I put Dynee's lights under the plastic in hopes of keeping the tomatoes alive. I texted back and forth with Myra. I mixed up essential oils with vodka and water to fill the oil diffuser I made for Dynee. I realized my version of Sleigh Ride was missing the part about Farmer Gray. I was unable to pick it out on the keyboard, so I looked up images of music on Bing trying to find the notes.
We watched two episodes of Xena Warrior Princess. I spent half an hour re-creating my day for this blog post and wondering what pic would suffice.

* This is the scarf I bought for the gift exchange. *

No comments: