Thursday, December 8, 2016

Locker #6

I got up when Chris finished his shower. I filled three containers with water from the shower filter. He left for work. I picked up my phone to check the alarm. As usual, it said 'silenced after 1 minute'. I don't know what that means but I have to meet a bus at the commissary at 8 tomorrow to go to the fabric market. So I programmed three more alarms into my phone for tomorrow. I checked e-mail and drank a quart of water. I wrapped up two small trays of chocolates for Michele and Marie. I wasn't sure how they would travel in the mail, so I left them in the molds and wrapped them with plastic wrap and sealed them in a zip-lock bag and then into a box with puff-its. I got dressed and sat at my old laptop, trying to find and activate Skype. With a phone call to Chris, I succeeded. My tapping buddy was having trouble too, but we finally got connected. We had a really good session. Afterward, I called Myra. She said to come over after I had breakfast. So I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home early for lunch. I saw that Courtney had posted to the group page looking for boxes. I pulled some from the shed and tied them with twine and left them on the front porch. I guess I lost track of time because it was 12:30 till I got to Myra's house. She had some venting to do and so did I. But then we decided to go to the 5 day market. Myra and I walked to Security to get her car. She drove me to Home Plus. From there we walked to the five-day market. As quickly as we could, we located kiwi, lettuce, pomegranates, cucumbers, and apples. I put them in the rolling cart and we headed back to the Home Plus parking deck. My appointment time was 6 minutes away, so she dropped me off across the street and went back to base. I walked into the Foot Shop and had to wait while the person ahead of me checked in. Then it was my turn. I pulled a locker key and traded my shoes for the slippers. But when I got to the changing room, there was no locker #6, just 2-5 and 7-10. I went back and the young clerk told me to take locker #4. I changed clothes and went to the foot soak. I was relaxing and listening to two people getting slapped with the flats of hands. When they came out, I realized I knew them: Linda and Kathy. We had a chat before they got dressed and went back to base. Then it was my turn to get massaged. But I had ordered a foot massage, so I sat in a laid back chair while she rubbed my feet and calves. An hour later, I changed and paid. Embarrassingly I handed him a 5000 won note instead of a 50,000 won note. For some reason they are the same color. I looked at him expecting change and he looked at me expecting more money. Finally I realized what I had done, took the 5000 back and handed him the right bill. From there, I walked to the Chinese massage place. The desk clerk was not there. They said he was resting today. So I made an appointment for next week. Then I went to Daiso. I got spray bottles and gift bags. Then I went to a nearby store and bought more styrofoam balls. I walked back to base because it was getting dark and cold. When I got home, I saw Myra had left my cart with all its fruit and veggies on my doorstep. Courtney had picked up the boxes. I went in and put all the produce in clear bags and into the fridge. Then I made myself a salad and added one of my tomatoes. Chris came home from mass. He made himself supper while I did Sudoku and read about yang foods. From what I read, raw food is out, as are probiotics and fermented foods. Ditto for nightshades and most fruits. Coconut is not a yang food, and chocolate was only mentioned in passing (and not as a healthy food). I looked for other sources of info on yang foods. It was getting on in the evening. Chris was ready to watch TV. I asked him if he would mail the package tomorrow since I will be on the trip to Daegu. But he did not like the box I was re-using. So I wrapped it in brown paper, then realized the label I had written was only good for Priority Mail packages. So I got a Priority Mail box, threw the package in and added more brown paper. Then he taped it all up for me and I put the label on and filled out the customs form. Then we sat down to watch one episode of House.
* Chong shows off the ironing caddy that she finished Wednesday night. *

No comments: