Thursday, December 1, 2016

Massages and shopping

I listened to the BWE CD last night. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up with silent headphones on. I took them off and eventually went back to sleep. Hot flashes woke me up several times. I got up after Chris left for work. Walking down the hall to the bathroom, I spied my trombone sitting in the guest room so I played a few songs. Then it and I had to go to the little trombone's room. Spit happens. Since my head feels funny when I use my new laptop, I sat at the desktop to check e-mail. I quit early to make something for the bake sale this afternoon. But first I had to clean the kitchen. With all the dirty dishes everywhere, it took awhile. I was going to make rolls, but I decided it would be easiest to make a loaf of bread and let the bread machine do all the work. And the easiest one to make is what Chris eats, so I wouldn't have to make decisions. I could even tell Chris to go to the bake sale and buy his bread... Anyway, I put all the ingredients in the pot and set it running. I got dressed and called Myra to see if she wanted to go to the 5K run scheduled for 11am. But she was in the middle of making cupcakes. So I went to the gym myself and did not see any signs of a run. They might have canceled it because the trail was wet. I weighed myself and walked home and called Myra again. She said to come over and watch her make cupcakes. Ok. But one last glimpse of e-mail led to investigating the answer to a question, and then I went. Her cupcakes looked really good but I thought my bread was so much easier. About 20 minutes after noon, I headed home to take a shower and have breakfast before my massage. I ran into Dynee and we chatted for awhile. Then I went inside. Chris was home for lunch. There was a package from Amazon and a birthday card from my father. It was so sweet I had tears in my eyes. Chris told me he needed bread for tomorrow so he had raised the lid on the machine. I figured it must be done by now so I took it out and it wasn't baked. Too late. I had to throw it in a loaf pan and put it in the oven. I re-filled the bread pan for Chris. I made and ate breakfast. I took my shower and pulled the bread from the oven. Then I got dressed. I wrapped the bread in a towel and headed out. I called Myra and she met me at her parking lot. I handed her the hot bread. She agreed to cool it and wrap it for the bake sale. She's a good friend. I walked downtown to the Foot Shop. I had worked out a plan where if Mrs. Wong was there, I would stay for a massage, but if not, I would go to the other place. No one was there. But I met the clerk on my way out. He called Mrs. Wong and she arrived while my feet were soaking. She massaged my back from head to ankles. I paid and scheduled another for next week. Then I went to the other place. I got a foot massage from the man behind the desk. Then I went to the market. I counted my money and figured I had just enough for the phone cord, earmuffs for Chris, 4 styrofoam balls, and three pomegranates. When I got to Daiso, they did not have black earmuffs, so I got the next masculine thing. Then I got the phone cord. It was cheaper than I remembered so I had enough to get another plastic organizer box for the sewing group. After Daiso, I went to the everything store and got 4 styrofoam balls. I wished I knew how many people were going to do the project. Then I got the pomegranates. I wore the earmuffs because it was getting cold. I walked quickly back to base and home. I could smell Chris' loaf baking. I jotted notes for my blog.
I read e-mail for awhile. I ate a pomegranate and a cucumber for supper. Chris came home from work. He ate supper and played his game. I bundled up and went outside to cover the tomatoes and the eggplant in preparation for freezing temps. I wish I had a better way to secure the plastic because it keeps blowing off. I downloaded some new project ideas from Pinterest. I tried to put the Jackie Lawson advent calendar on my laptop, but something wasn't working right so I had to run it through the browser. We watched an episode of Castle. Chris went to bed early because he has to get up early for a call to the states. I stayed up to blog and take my nightly dose of magnesium and melatonin.
* Kids with projects at the end of sewing class *

No comments: