Saturday, December 10, 2016

Doctor Strange - an excuse for FX

I woke up while it was dark. I laid still so I would not wake Chris, but then discovered he was gone. It was not unusual for me to wake up early, and then try to go back to sleep. I wanted to know what time it was because different systems peak at certain times. I checked the microwave – it read 6:47. 5am to 7am is the time slot of the large intestine. I laid on the couch and put on a BWE CD. I wore headphones and an eye mask. I heard Chris come in sometime after 7. Then my phone alarm went off at 7:30. Chris had gone back to bed. When my CD ended, I joined him there. I did not go back to sleep. Later I got up to work on birthday presents for the party later in the day. I had already decided to give the girls vials of lip balm, since they had already packed out and couldn't take much with them. But I thought tissue packets would be nice, too. I looked up pics of what the girls made in class to get an idea of what colors they would like. In looking up the pics, I ended up on the internet and Pinterest and wasting a lot of time. Finally I stopped waffling and chose black and pink for Kayle and red and pink butterflies for Jasmine. I put one in a gift bag I bought, but it was too big to tie shut. AND I discovered that I had inadvertently cut off one corner while I was cutting the fabric. I had some leftover birthday paper so I wrapped each one in that. Then I decided to give a lip balm to their younger sister who wasn't having a birthday but might enjoy getting something as well. I made a little blue bag to put it in, then 'wrapped' it in a gift bag. I started making breakfast and realized I hadn't done my exercises, not for days. I put on an audio and did my exercises, then made and ate breakfast. I had cut off the corners of all my new fabrics earlier and thrown half in the wash. I washed the other half and started ironing the first half. It took all afternoon. Then I washed up and got dressed. I put Kelly's fabrics and the gifts in a bag and walked down to her house. The house was already full of people. I talked to Amber and Liam and later Kathy and Bernie. I put the gifts on the mantel with the others. Kelly was still working in the kitchen to get food ready. She paid me for the fabric. Other people brought food and I wondered if I was supposed to also. But there was plenty. It was served buffet style. I had a good time. Later Kelly lit candles on the cake and the two girls blew them out as we sang Happy Birthday. Then the girls opened their presents. Some people gave them money. I think they enjoyed getting lip balm. Around 6 I prepared to leave. She told me to fix a plate for Chris, so I did, and carried it home. Chris was playing his game. I checked e-mail and covered the tomatoes and eggplant.

We drove to the theater to see Doctor Strange. Our next door neighbors were there, too. The movie was full of special effects. In fact, it seemed to me that it was written just to maximize the opportunity to display their prowess at special effects. It was also the movie that never ends, though not as bad as The Hobbit. We sat through at least two sets of credits and extra footage. Then we drove hone.

Chris brought in the tree from the shed. It had no lights on it and I did not find any in the closet with the Christmas decorations. I can't believe I packed the tree and not the lights. I typed up my blog post for the day. I cleared some e-mail and looked for anti-fungal essential oils. I downloaded pics from my camera and then posted to my blog.
* The birthday party *

No comments: