Friday, December 16, 2016

Clue: Chris in the livingroom with Admiral Yi statue

I got up about 8, but sequestered myself on the couch with a quilt, waiting for my morning cortisol to kick in. Then I drank a quart of lemon water. I noticed that the plastic had blown off my tomatoes, so I put it back on and used a quilt frame clamp to secure it. I realized that it might be too late. I took the box off of the eggplant and it looked fine. I read e-mail and got dressed. I was counting down til my skype call with my tapping buddy when my sister called me to get my Christmas list. I hated to have to hang up with her, but the call came through as we were speaking. My buddy and I tried all three computers, then settled on the desktop. I had to move the monitor so I wouldn't look like I was highlighted in the dark. We tapped for an hour. After that call, I called my sister back. It was hard to make out what she was saying because of the Windows 10 sound problem. Why doesn't Microsoft send an update for that? Faye and I talked for some time. Chris came home for lunch while we were talking. After the call, he had some talking to do. I put dough ingredients in the bread machine. I made and ate breakfast. When the dough was risen, I formed it into rolls and put them on a cookie sheet. While they rose, I read e-mail. Amber contacted me, asked if I could bring the songs sheets to the party tonight. My understanding was that Carolyn was going to do it. But I did not mind. I set to work copying lyrics from the internet to a document. It was difficult making two columns. I figured there was probably a better word processor program for such things. But I was able to get 3 or 4 songs per page. Before I was finished, the shoemaker called me to say Chris' shoes were ready. It wasn't long before the party so I suggested I could pick them up tomorrow, but that did not please him so I agreed to come today. I called Chris and he said he would leave work in half an hour. I threw the rolls in the oven and baked them. I got another phone call and heard the timer ring while I was talking. The call got dropped just in time for me to pull the rolls out and start rubbing them with butter. Then she called back. We finished our conversation. I worked on the songsheet. I had to turn the text blue so it would print. Then Chris came home. I changed clothes and he drove me into town. He parked and waited while I quickly collected Chris' shoes and paid the man. Since his wife had taken my order, I wondered how the man knew which shoes I had come for. Anyway, I jumped in the car and Chris found his way back to base. I started printing copies of the songsheet. I put on a sparkly top and a red scarf. I got 4 double sided copies and decided it was a good start. Chris wanted to be at the party by 5 so we scrambled to get there. I did not even have time for a shower. But we were the first and the staff was not quite ready. We went to the bar and sat talking. People drifted in. I talked to Lacey until it was announced that we should all go into the main room and find a seat. Chris had found a table with Scott, Danielle, Ross and Ross' parents who just got in last night. After a bit, people were invited by tables to get in the food line. Most of the food offered was on my so-so list. My plate was not full when I went back to the table. The conversation continued until the MC announced prize drawings. They called ticket numbers to come get an ornament from the tree. Each ornament had a number which corresponded to a gift. Chris' number (1) got picked and he went up to pick an ornament and get the gift. I was a little surprised that he did not decline. But instead of a gift certificate or a nice electronic gift, he unwrapped a statue of Admiral Yi. I figured if anyone could appreciate such a gift, it was him. I thought he needed a turtle ship to go with it. Maybe I could make a stuffed one for his Christmas present? Someone else got the turtle ship, and several others got statues. The party broke up before 9, but we sat around talking with Anna and Terry. Anna really wanted lots of people to come caroling tomorrow. She said she knew of software which makes two columns. Where was she when I was struggling to make the song lists? Finally we put on our coats and went to the foyer. But Chris was still talking. The other people left, so we got to go home, too. Chris asked if I would hold Admiral Yi while he drove. I asked if that was what we were calling it now. Back at the house, I contacted Amber about posting about caroling and she asked if I would do it. So I did. Kurt e-mailed me too. I typed up my blog post for the day, hoping I hadn't missed anything. I practiced (finally) and probably went to bed.
* This is a reference to the game of Clue, just in case I go missing, you will know what happened to me *

No comments: