Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another day with Tina

Although I usually help out at the thrift shop on Thursdays, I knew Tina was going to call to go to Dongdaemun. So I stayed home and sewed until she called. She picked me up at the gate and we parked at the Ichon gate to catch the subway to Dongdaemun. We have been so often that we didn't read the signs and got on the wrong train (going the other way). But it was easy enough to walk to the other track and board a train going the other way. In Dongdaemun, we toured the first floor of "D" building to get clasps, buttons, fabric marking pens and pencils, and a bias tape maker. Forgeting that I came for more b/w fabric to match the piece that wasn't big enough, we proceeded to "Good Morning City" for lunch. Tina wanted to go to the icecream place. But I wanted protein first, so I bought a stick with pork, egg and beef chunks on it. Tina got a similar thing but with rounds of roasted rice balls. This was from a street vendor outside the building. Then, inside, there was a place selling octopus fries (small fried tentacles). They were very good, but Tina wouldn't have any. She got a sandwich and then we ordered three desserts. One was called Bingsu (yogurt and fruit). Tina had another yogurt and fruit dessert, and then we got a Bavarian waffle covered in chocolate (it did NOT look like the picture!). Afterwards we remembered the b/w fabric, and went back. There are 4 buildings and 5 floors per building, so we did a major search for several hours I think. We did finally find it and then went home. Tina took me back to her house where we had supper and took Duke for a walk. Then we watched TV until 10pm and I went home. We are planning a sewing sleepover for Saturday.

No comments: