Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Block Day

I was excited about today. The quilters would all gather at the cafeteria and work on our spring blocks. Ha! I got there at 9am and no one showed up until after 10. It was never as busy as I had imagined, although I suppose if you counted all the people who stopped by even for 5 minutes, a lot showed up. Only two people actually worked on their spring blocks. Every one else worked on their friendship blocks, or something else. A number of people didn't show up at all. No one stayed as long as I did and I was exhausted by the time 5pm rolled around. But even then the one person left was in no hurry and we didn't leave until 5:40. ARRGGH! On the other hand, I finished my friendship blocks and cut out a pair of pants. Chris and Michele went to the War Memorial (a museum) saw a movie and went to the commissary. Then they came by to pick me up. We came home, ate and each went to his own computer. I had an MP3 on tapping for clearing clutter, and after listening to it I cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, finished the laundry, sorted out the sewing room, and sewed an ID-sized pocket in my coat pocket (so my ID won't fall out when I pull out a glove or a tissue). Pretty good for one evening.

No comments: