Friday, March 13, 2009

Pre-pie day


I spent the morning ironing fabric from last weekend. It has all been washed and dried and pressed. I also ironed fabric samples until I decided that I had more important things to do. Then Chris picked me up at the gate and we went by Nancy's house to buy the pie. She was creative and drew the pi symbol on it. Fabulous! She decided to charge $3.14. After I paid, I told her it was pi dough. We won't eat it until tomorrow.
Then we went by the PX to buy elastic. But wait, they are out of 1" elastic, so I had to buy 1.5" elastic. You know, I was mad, but actually I think I like it better now that I have it in the waistband. On the other hand, it was a bear to thread through. I am glad the pants are finished.
Anyway, Chris dropped me back off at the gate and I spent the afternoon ironing more, and then trying to pick the fabrics for our spring block exchange. I think I have finally decided on a block design. I just wish I had the right purple-raspberry color to go with it. Chris and Michele went to see another movie tonight (that makes 3 in a row). I could go, but I'd rather sew.

No comments: