Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coffee and dessert

Today I went to the thrift shop to help out. I also went there to deliver the applications for scholarship that Michele filled out at what seemed to be the last minute. Today was the deadline. But she was not alone. Many people stopped by to hand in scholarship applications throughout the day. We were there until almost 4 to be sure we'd caught everyone coming by. I got a pillowtop there for a mattress and a lady there drove me home with it. After supper, I changed into better clothes and Chris drove Nancy and me to General Uberti's house. His wife had a coffee and dessert gathering for division chief spouses. I was the lowest ranking spouse there so I was on my best behaviour. She served cheese and crackers, bite-size cupcakes with whipped cream, tira misu, mixed fruit, and a large chocolate cake. For drinks there was coffee, tea, soft drinks and wine. The only drink I had was tea, and the only dessert I didn't have was the tira misu. We had a good time socializing. Then Chris came to drive Nancy and me home. He then went straight to bed since he has to be at work tomorrow at 5 for a videoteleconference.

No comments: