Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ASFC Luncheon

It was a good day to be me. First I finished a grey top I started months ago. Then Pam took me to the luncheon, where we found the Happy Quilt man with all his fabrics. What was unusual is that he had numerous packages of smaller pieces marked in won. It was great! It is cheaper in won, and the usual packages hold 2 yards, but I don't need that much.
Then we sat down for lunch. Chicken Cordon Bleu and veggies, then cheesecake. MMMM!
The program started when the AFSC president asked who had decoded her message in the monthly magazine. As it turns out, it was an unfamiliar font for the printer so it came out garbled, but I thought it was a cipher and decoded it. I got a prize for that.
The theme this month was Let's Make a Deal. I won an antique wooded Chinese paintbrush holder. Actually it looks like a wastebasket. Everyone got a gift at their place setting. Mine was a glass bowl with mints. Others got mac-n-cheese, diet soda, chopstick rests, etc. Then they had three gifts in the middle of each table. One was unwrapped and the others were wrapped. Each place setting had a number and as they called numbers, you could pick the unwrapped gift or go for a wrapped one. I got the unwrapped one which was a large green vase 2' high. Beautiful!
There was no way I could tote all this stuff home so I had Pam drive me to Chris' car and I put it in there. Well, except for the fabric I bought. He had no problem bringing it all in when he came home.
My top was a hit when I mentioned that I made it. No one had noticed!
Then I spent some blissful hours going through all my bags of newly acquired scraps, sorting them by size and removing staples. I even ironed a few, but then my foot cramped so I had to quit. I read a book for awhile before Chris came to bed. And I fell asleep before writing to my blog.

No comments: