Monday, March 9, 2009

Scrap Day


Today we had the largest pile of scraps I have ever seen. It was a 4X8 table piled two feet high. It was a free for all, so we dove in. Everybody got something, even the ones that came late. These scraps were compliments of Mr. Kang for going to his warehouse. I think they are samples that are sent to him. To encourage people to take more scraps I told them about the scrap mystery quilt our guild is doing and it seemed to catch on. But still left are numerous strips 2 to 4 inches wide. Adele kept urging me to take them, but I couldn't carry any more. I came home with 3 grocery sacks full of scraps. The strips are now in her trunk. We didn't want to throw them away. When we were finished with that, we cut an entire roll of batting into 42 inch sections for baby quilts. Agh, what a job! Then we had lunch.
When Michele came home, she got out the TREMORS DVD and watched two of them. I watched a little of one, but tried to concentrate on e-mail. Chris came home with another Netflix movie - The Man with One Red Shoe. Why he was wearing only one red shoe was never explained. Then I filed my newly acquired fabrics by color. My closets are full. If I buy any more, where will I put it?

No comments: