Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday morning sewing


I brought my charm squares to our group meeting. I also brought egg salad sandwiches to share for lunch. I used wheat bread and homemade bread. Pam picked me up at the gate. I meant to return the cafeteria key on the way, but forgot. We traded squares, and cut 6" fabric strips to make quilt kits. Then we passed them out among ourselves to make later and bring back the completed tops. By the time we stopped for lunch, many ladies had left. Only about 6 of us stayed to eat. Pam and Toniette shared their cookies and pineapple with me so they wouldn't have to take them home. Adele let me put the food in her fridge because we decided to go to Dongdaemun. We took the subway there. We bought fabric of course. Adele and I both bought white minkee dot for 5000won/yard. We looked at silk, and sparkly tulle, printed canvass, and jewelry makings. Adele dropped me off at the walk-in gate. As I was walking up the hill, a car stopped to offer me a ride. It was Chris coming home from work. As we burst into the apartment with my purchases, Michele wondered where we'd been. We ate the leftover egg salad and pineapple for supper. I spent an hour trying to work out some statistic problems someone sent me (they want help). I also looked up flights to Thailand since we want to go there for spring break. And now its time for bed. I didn't get to do any sewing. But the good news is that I had planned to put triangles in the corners of my spring blocks, but everyone liked them just as they were, so now I can go on to something else.

1 comment:

Jessica Brocato said...

Hi! I just came across your blog as I was searching google for Minky fabric at Dongdaemun :) I am DESPERATE to find minky there!! LOL We're stationed at Camp Humphreys and I have made numerous trips to Dongdaemun. I know I saw minky fabric there one of the first times I went, but of course did not need any at the time. Now that I need it I can't find it!! :( So, I was wondering if you had any idea where (floor, building,etc) you found yours at. I know this is an older post and I'm sure things have changed but I figured I'd give it a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My email address is jessicabrocato@Yahoo.com. Thanks!