Monday, March 2, 2009

Scrap quilt in Progress


The Sandhills Quilters Guild is running a scrap mystery quilt and I am doing mine in purples. In the photo you can see the blocks I have made so far arranged haphazardly on my design wall. Well, I got impatient to do more, and curious to see how the eight-inch blocks fit into the design. Figuring that the info was on the internet somewhere, I did a Google search. And low and behold, there it was! It took me awhile to ascertain which photo was the one containing all the blocks I have made so far. I e-mailed the jpg to Tina and she agreed that was it. I asked if I had ruined it for her, but she said no, that she was going to pick fabrics to suit certain blocks. She is doing hers in blues.
Monday we the quilters met at Ingrid's house for show and tell, etc. She served an outstanding chocolate peanutbutter pie. Some people basted the group quilt on the floor and then we put it into my PVC frame. Others would like to build a similar frame but I can't find the three-way corners here in Korea. We also did our Secret Sister exchange and I got an electric scented candle and a Calgon pack from mine. I announced my next class, and they applauded. Then they told me that there was a big conflict that weekend, so after the meeting I went to the school to see about changing the date. Moving it up, that is. So now it is scheduled for March 21st.
I taped my floral on-point top to the wall in the bedroom. Then I worked on a lined purple silk vest for Michele.

No comments: