Monday, March 16, 2009

Quilting day


Today we had a block of instruction on charm quilts. Then we all cut up fabric we had brought into 3 inch squares and traded them. Armed with lots and lots of squares, we sat at our machines and sewed them together. It was supposed to be done randomly, but I did a little tweaking as I went along. When I get a picture, I'll post it. I also got a lot of compliments on my new hair style from the quilt group. Chris says it doesn't look bad.
After lunch, Pam drove me to the gate. I carried my machine home and stayed in for the rest of the day because the yellow sand index was very high today. We were warned to stay indoors. Gee, darn, then I HAD to sew. I got a lot cut and ready to go. I am getting excited about these blocks. I think I have enough fabric for 24 blocks. I need to give out 16 so that leaves me with a few extras in case I get some I don't like.

No comments: