Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Day with Tina

As I was preparing to go to post, I called Tina to see if she was up for a visit. She was so up for a visit that she picked me up at the gate and drove me to the Chosun. She went to the bank for American cash while I picked up a package of silk. Then we went into Itaewon to change dollars for won, but the offpost rate had dropped, so she changed her mind. She bought some DVD's from a street vendor and we went back to her house. She fixed us lunch (with three kinds of kimchi) and we spent the afternoon talking. After supper we watched one of her movies and then she drove me home. Chris and Michele spent the evening watching something at the on-post theatre. I got home about 10 and checked my e-mail. It is pretty late now, and going to bed sounds pretty good.

No comments: