Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hand sewing


Andrea came over this morning to work on the project from Saturday. She got it all finished except for the hand work on the binding. She left around lunchtime and I worked on my mother's birthday present. I would post a photo, but my mother reads this blog. I finished watching "Titanic", which I had started yesterday. At 5:30 Michele and I walked across the bridge to the gate where Chris met us and took us to the movie theatre. We watched Grand Torino. It was an interesting story, but it is not for people who are uncomfortable with bad or rude language. Then we stopped at the foodcourt for sub sandwiches and french fries. Then we came home, they to their computers and I to my handwork. Michele also finished her financial aid forms for the AWC and AWC thrift shop. They are due tomorrow, so it was down to the wire.
On Monday she brought me a bookend that she'd made in ceramics class. It is the carved head of a lion. Very impressive.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

LION? Did someone say lion? Nice job Michele! Hey Fern, I still have the lion door knocker you gave me years ago! Remember that?

Fern said...

Vaguely. I did remember that you like lions.