Thursday, June 11, 2009

Morning Concert



I had planned to get up early to get some more sewing done, but was having such a good dream that I didn't want to open my eyes. Finally I remembered that there is a concert today and I have to meet Nancy at 10. So I got myself out of bed, showered, dressed and ate. I had a little bit of time then to gather and sort the recyclables so I could take them to the bins in back of the apartments before catching the post-run bus to DHL. I arrived a little early so I cashed a check that has been riding around with me for awhile, and pulled up my pantyhose. They have split in the back and it gets worse everytime I sit or bend to pick something up (like recyclables). Nancy had arrived then, so we got a taxi which took us to the Arts Center. At that point we were 40 minutes early for the concert. Outside was a fountain that did tricks in time to music (Old Suzannah!) We found that the lobby was full of tables where ladies were enjoying plates of
baked goods bought from two long tables set up for that purpose. The goodies looked yummy but so many carbs would put me to sleep, so we walked upstairs to our seats. However the way was blocked so we had to stand and talk for awhile until they were ready to let people in. Our seats were not together since we got the very last two tickets. However, I took a picture of the audience at 11:01 and there were empty seats. Odd thing for a sold-out concert.
It was traditional classical music by a traditional orchestra. Good music, but each piece was preceded by a long introduction in Korean. And it must have been good because people were laughing. My seat was in a box, the highest seat by the aisle. I had a good view of the audience, but not of the orchestra. It was the perfect get-away seat. One could slip out the door without disturbing anyone. But we stayed for the encore so missed our chance. We had planned to get a taxi home, but with all the people there (overwhelmingly ladies) we decided on the subway. Nancy wanted to get some little balls with walnut paste filling and I had seen them near Ichon. So we rode the subway there and walked. My feet were getting sore from walking in dressy shoes. But we finally found it, and she bought 2 boxes of them. The man gave us two fresh out of the fryer to taste. Tasty but HOT! On our way back we stopped at Paris Baguette and got some goodies for lunch and to take home. Nancy's husband met us at Gate 17 and drove us home, especially me with my sore feet. They have recovered nicely. I got on my computer and read through my e-mail and followed a link to TheQuiltShow.com. I signed up for a free membership, then tried to watch the 'free' show, but it kept hanging up before the show finished. I guess there is no point in having a paid membership then. It may have something to do with living out of the country. At 5 Chris and Michele went to Itaewon to pick up their custom made suits. I happened to be sleeping at that point so I missed the fashion show, if there was one. I hope they look good.

No comments: