Thursday, June 25, 2009

Seeing how someone else lives

I was a little late getting to the thrift shop because I wanted to finish a pair of shorts to wear for the day. I got there at 11 but it didn't take me all that long to finish the shorts so I must have done something else too, but can't remember what.
I really made progress getting donated books, VCR tapes, Dvd's and CD's on the shelves. It felt good to get that stuff cleared out. I claimed a box that some books had come in so I can make a shelf in a closet to store fabric. Mary Ann was there and she took me to her place afterwards to see her apartment. She said if we extended our stay, we could get a place like hers. She does have a nice apartment, but it would be a bit far to walk everyday to get on post. She has a vehicle, which makes it nice. Her apartment is full of eclectic Asian items from other places they lived in Asia. Most of it stored in black laquer furniture decorated with mother-of-pearl. So beautiful. She dropped me off close to Chris' office so I could catch a ride home. At the apt, he and I visited the vegetable man and selected some produce from his truck. I met a lady there who has only been here two weeks. So I gave her my number so she has someone to call. I invited her to the quilt group and she seemed interested. For supper we had chicken burritoes and fried green tomatoes.

No comments: