Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Change of Command


After making lunches, I got ready for the day and sorted recyclables to take downstairs. But 8 am came too soon and I didn't have time to take them out.
I met Pam at the gate and we went to the hospital where Adele was part of an awards ceremony. She got the Mary Walker award, among others. She is the outgoing president of the quilt group. She leaves tomorrow. After that ceremony we went to Lombardo Field for her husband's Change of Command ceremony. The band played, flowers were presented to the wives of the commanders, and the commanders passed a flag around. Then we all lined up to congratulate and say goodbye to Paul and Adele.
Tina, Pam, Suyapa and her daughter, and I went to Tina's house for a bit to decide what to do. We decided to do lunch. First we tried the NAvy Club but it was full. So we went to the third Katusa snack bar. I ordered bean paste soup. I didn't notice any bean paste in it, just tofu. We sat a long time to talk. Then Pam dropped each of us where we needed to be. I went home to sew, but ended up reading and taking a nap. I have almost finished the book, but will have to wait until tomorrow. I plan to eat lunch with Suyapa. We are having eels.

No comments: