Monday, June 15, 2009

No Michele

I got up early, while Chris was taking his shower, packed his lunch, then went back to bed. I awoke later than I had planned and had to rush. Pam picked me up at the gate and we went to quilting together. I brought 4 quilt tops, not sure if anyone else brought some, but we had some left over from last week. Yet somehow, we were able to deliver 12 quilts to the Stork's Nest this afternoon. This is very good since next Monday will be a stripping demo and the Monday after that we will work on Quilts of Valor. When we delivered the quilts, Col Fox was very appreciative and offered to give us a tour of the Stork's Nest sometime. Now we just have to find a time suitable for most of the group.
At 2 pm South Korea had a test of their natural emergency system. I heard that all traffic on the continent would cease for 5 to 10 minutes. I don't know if it did off post, but that did not happen on post.
Contrary to my plans to make a pair of shorts, I did some reading and fell asleep. Michele went off to spend the night with a friend. Then Chris came home to find me reading another book. It seemed familiar in places so I wonder if I have read it before. After supper we tried to watch some movies. The first became boring so we changed that DVD for another. That one was too creepy so we ended up watching A Good Year. It was a good movie, but some parts were hard to hear and some parts were in French. When we turned on the subtitles, there was an obvious difficulty in translation. Of course this copy is a pirated one that the thrift shop could not sell and was going to throw away. Perhaps a legal copy would be easier to understand and better translated.

No comments: