Thursday, June 4, 2009

Namdaemun




I tried to sleep in because no sandwiches were needed today, but someone coughing woke me up. SO I took a shower and went through my e-mail. Then Chris drove Cecily, Nancy and myself to Gate 17 to catch the subway to Namdaemun. We had a set of directions for a walking tour of the place. Not knowing how old the directions were, we tried to follow as best we could. We saw all kinds of things for sale: jewelry, hats, ginseng, shoes, socks, paper, bags, stickers, puzzles, pottery, foods raw and packaged, etc. For lunch we each bought fruit on a stick. Cecily got watermellon, and Nancy and I got pineapple. I also got a small bowl of raspberries. We walked the tightly packed streets and through buildings. I got two bunches of flowers and some paint pens. Then we went back. Chris met us at the gate. I love his taxi service! I hemmed a shirt (made it short-sleeved) and then took a nap. I got up just in time for supper and then we went to Parent Appreciation Night at the school. One student read a memory submitted by each senior and their parents were supposed to jump up and wave when they recognized it. Most were funny. Her memory was of wearing an iguana as a scarf. Awards were announced for senior superlatives, and some Presidential Certificates. Then we all had cake and ice cream in the lobby.

No comments: