Monday, June 1, 2009

Stitching and stories

I got up early as usual to make Michele's lunch. Chris drove her to school. I then cut charm squares for the quilt meeting. Then gathered all my quilting stuff and met Pam at the gate. A lot of ladies came to help today. It was wonderful. And many stayed for lunch, which was unusual. We got 15 quilts ready to deliver to the hospital. Adele gave me the official Yongsan Quilter's quilt to take home. I will have to get it quilted sometime this summer to be ready for the expo this fall.
Pam drove me back to the gate and I went home expecing to be alone, but Chris and his parents were there, already having returned from their tour of the Korean Folk Village. I had new charm squares so I sewed until supper, then again after. I made another 8 x 10 sq panel, and another baby quilt top. All the while I could hear my f-i-l telling stories from when he was in the army, and Chris telling stories from when he was in the boyscouts.

No comments: