Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From Tank to Table



I spent the night tossing and turning in pain because my back went into spasms. About 4:30 am I finally took something for it. I DID NOT get up to pack lunches early this morning. But later, I did get up, cleared out my e-mail and, feeling better, went out to lunch with Suyapa and her husband and daughter. We went to a place that specializes in serving eels. You can see them swimming in the tank, then you order however many you want, and they bring them filleted to the table and cook them on the grill. They also bring you traditional Korean side dishes. I thought eating eel would be interesting, but they were delicious too. One of the side dishes contained a long green pepper. Her husband took a bite and offered me one. I did and it burned my mouth for awhile. So of course I took one home for Chris.
Afterwards, we went to my house where her daughter watched DVD's and she and I sewed. Her machine is packed and she PCS's on Monday. Then her husband picked her up at the gate. I laid down to read a book and spent most of the evening that way. Then I worked on the three pairs of shorts I cut out Monday. I hope to wear one of them tomorrow.

No comments: